Preparing future global brand marketing leaders.
Our online program, customized for working professionals, allows you to acquire the critical strategic expertise necessary to lead brands, while earning your MS degree in just 15 months without interrupting your career.
How do you deliver powerful brand messaging with advanced emerging media and technology? By being exceptionally prepared and acquiring new techniques required to drive growth through marketing and advertising in today’s digital world.
Our MS Strategic Brand Communication (SBC) is offered as a joint program between the Department of Business Administration in the Gies College of Business and the Sandage Department of Advertising in the College of Media which combines contemporary business management education with the latest in strategic integrated marketing, advertising and multimedia communications, in order to be a leader in the field.
“The right program, at the right time, at the right place. I’m thankful to UIUC for being innovative and adventurous enough to test the waters on a new program. Thank you for opening these doors.”
-Ashley, Fall 2017 SBC Cohort Student
Through our program, you will learn how to:
- Effectively drive brand messaging and content across all channels
- Refine your analytic and integrative capabilities
- Respond effectively to new technologies, emerging media and market trends
- Leverage advertising, social media, digital, mobile, and communications in a broader business context
- Acquire senior leadership and management skills to execute strategic success across teams
- Develop and manage the brand communication process to drive revenue growth
If you are a working professional who wants to achieve excellence and advance in your career, or if you want to earn this degree to change the direction of your career, this program can help you accelerate professionally. We welcome companies and agencies interested in sponsoring their employees for this program as well.
Students may also pursue non-degree learning options, including three-course certificates or individual courses. Learn more about non-degree options.
Our recent press release outlines many details of our MS SBC program: Illinois SBC Press Release